Sunday 8 May 2016

A warning ;o)

Hello. I'm having a rethink about the way I blog. I'm going to move over to my summer timetable because there is so much more I want to do. Even with the longer days there still isn't enough time to fit everything in. Don't worry, I am not giving up, or even taking a break, blogging will still be part of my day. However, the format will change slightly, to give me time away from the computer.

There won't be as many long, in depth, drawn out posts, these take a long time to compose. I'll save those for the winter months when forced to stay indoors. There will be more, 'Ten good reasons why', posts, I'll slot them in when the ideas come to me, but on the whole the Summer posts will be shorter and more like snippets of what I am up to, and anything that comes to mind as long as it can be written quickly. You may even get two or three a day. A bit like Tweeting but not quite so short.

So here you go. I haven't got the colours I need to continue with the picture, so I thought, I'll mix those I have got. After looking at it I realized it's not right. At the bottom bit on this picture the colours are too intense, so I took it all off. The green is fine, I'm happy with that, but the wall needs more mixing up, so I pulled the threads apart and re did them. It looks a whole lot better now.

The moral of this story, is, if something is not right, get rid of it, change it, find a better way, and start again.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

17 comments:

  1. We all love your blog Ilona, but sometimes it can be very time-consuming and tend to take your life over, so I'm sure everybody will understand that you need more time to yourself. Don't worry about it, Winter's long enough, there'll be bags of time then, enjoy summer while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you will still be maintaining your presence in the blogosphere, Ilona! As a person planning on retiring in the next 6-9 months without loads of money, you are my guiding star in navigating this chapter of life with flash, sass, and not a lot of cash! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like short posts just fine! And with Spring here, I'm often too tired in the evenings to write on my blog at all, so I know what you mean.
    But I wonder if coming up with "Ten Reasons" for all sorts of things in your life will get strained. Then again, women's magazines are certainly in love with the list format, so maybe you're on to something, Ilona ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ILhona have you seen this site. Josie was left for dead when an attacker killed her mother and sister. She now lives in wales and makes these beautiful material pictures. I stumbled across this and thought of you

    http://www.josierussell.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow just read the amazing story of Josie Russell.Incredible.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the link. I've had a look, she is a talented lady. Her pictures are beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ilona. Glad to see you are well and keeping busy as usual x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello John. How is your roof coming along? Have you finished it?

      Delete
  6. That's a good moral. I'd add " and don't beat yourself up about it". JanF

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right with your last sentence. Will enjoy your summer blogs. Any trips planned this summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I have three days away in North Yorkshire coming up soon. There will be pics.

      Delete
  8. Fine with me. Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will enjoy what ever you give us,, enjoy your summer!
    I know with my blog sometimes I worry I am too long winded ,,but I always enjoy your writings and photos,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your summer time! I'll pop in to read and take a stroll with you buy the way of your lovely pictures. Happy Summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Short posts are fine - it's your blog, you must do as you please, and in summer you must make the most of the great outdoors and leave long posts for the dark winter months, Ilona. You have a whole army of followers who enjoy your posts - we all congregate here and have a good old gas, don't we? - and even though I'm not a crafting person, I always like to see what you're making.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ilona, I truly appreciate all the time effort and energy you put into your wonderful blog and the amazing amount of sharing you do. Short posts sound like a great summer plan. Enjoy the sunshine ......
    Thanks again....\ love your posts and your inspirational outlook and attitude. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.