Saturday 3 August 2013

My mouse is sick

And a very Good Evening to you, thanks for poppin by, glad to see you, well no, I can't actually see you, but I have a feeling that you might be there, that's if you are not somewhere else. Well I am here, even if nobody else is. If you are not here, you might be along later. After all it is a Saturday night and folks are usually busy whooping it up at a party, or something. I'll get started, catch up later if you are not here.
I have rather a lot of courgettes, so I'll be eating them every day from now on. I don't mind, I love them. My lunch today was scrambled eggs with a difference. Here's a way to bulk it up and make a full meal. Roughly chop a large onion and some courgettes. In my case it was half a green one and half a yellow one, because they are so big. Cook them in some oil, I use toasted sesame seed oil because I like the nutty flavour. You can use any oil of your choice, butter or margarine if you so wish. Cook slowly over a low heat untill they are soft but not mushy, a little bit crunchy is best.
Then break in two eggs and keep stirring over a low heat, untill the eggs are scrambled. I served it on a slice of wholemeal toast, you could have it with some salad, or couscous, but to be honest, it is so filling you might not need anything else. You could add a little seasoning if you like.
I gave my neighbour two courgettes, handed them over the fence to her in the back garden. She was chuffed to little mintballs, said she hadn't seen a yellow one before, and she would cook them for dinner tomorrow.
I had my usual veg selection for dinner tonight, but I actually had some gravy with it. No I haven't flipped, you know I don't normally have gravy, but my nephew gave me a packet of Bisto Vegetable gravy granules when I visited him last month. He bought them specially for me, but as I didn't stop for dinner he gave me the packet to take home. I put two teaspoons of it in a mug and half filled it with boiling water, as per the instructions on the side. It wasn't too bad at all. This packet will last a long time as I won't be using it on a regular basis. Not even sure if I would buy another one, I can take it or leave it.
Hey, look at my fancy pants, ha ha. I saw these in the Hospice shop yesterday, only £1.50, and was immediately drawn to them. Not that I want to wear them, but the fabric will look good mingled into the patchwork.
Isn't it a fab colour. The label says, Love to Lounge, I think they are meant for around the house, perhaps they are the bottoms of a pair of pyjamas, it would cause quite a stir if I stepped outside in them. I've often thought a jazzy pair of lightweight trousers would be good for walking in when it isn't either hot or cold, wonder if I dare, ha ha. Seems to be the fashion to go out in your pyjamas these days.
I've just realised that the left click on my mouse isn't working, that could have been the problem with uploading pics. I couldn't position the curser in the right place for them to drop into. I can move it along with the keyboard, or I can right click then left click immediately on top of it, and it works. Now I find I can't highlight the text to change it from justify centre to justify left. I hate my text centralised. I want it butted up to the left hand side, not in the chuffin middle. I have got into the habit of typing the words first then moving it across. Bother, I'll have to finish this off on the little computer. Don't go away.
Toodle pip.  

19 comments:

  1. Oh don't cut them up, save them for your next trip to Glastonbury, they'd go down a treat here! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No don't cut them up, that's what I was going to say! I would wear them in the winter months in the evenings when its dark and cold with lots of layers! Ginny x

      Delete
  2. Yes you're right they are pj bottoms - my daughter has the exact same pair, from Primarni. She loves them! Such a lovely pattern. You can't have too many courgettes - I did a frittata yesterday a la FQ. It was delicious. Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courgette overload here as well!

    About to get the dehydrator out to preserve some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaps of courgettes ? Then try this http://www.simplysogood.com/2013/07/zucchini-gratin-tian-de-courgettes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks very nice, thanks for the link.

      Delete
  5. Those bottoms are the bomb...Are you really sure you want to cut them up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm not really sure. I'll wait till I get further into the patchwork before I decide.

      Delete
  6. Don't cut them up, they are you! feisty & colorful. Find something else to quilt with!
    I had to look up what a courgette was, here they are squash!
    The meal looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love zucchini (or, courgettes, I suppose? :-)) with egg, a little shredded cheese, and some diced potato, if you have it. It can easily make two meals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you break down and buy a new mouse (I recently had to--all of my spares had the wrong plug for my current computer), a corded one (which I don't mind) will cost under $10. Cordless are about 3 times as much, and I'd probably just lose it if it weren't tied down.

    H'mm, now I wonder if my spare keyboard will work on this computer....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popping out the ball and cleaning the mouse sometimes works. Is anyone else having trouble with tomatoes that won't ripen this year? Mine are healthy and loaded with fruit but simply refuse to colour up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried cleaning the ball, Pat, no different. Can't help you with the tomatoes, I haven't planted any this year. Maybe someone else knows the answer.

      Delete
    2. Try giving them a good feed of tomato fertiliser or any good feed you have, this may work, mine are all lovely and red, but the changes in temperatures from roasting hot at one end of the week to chilly at the other plays havoc with their ripening steadily. Moving them more into the sun (if you have any) may work too (unless of course they are in the ground and immovable).

      Now is also the time to cut off virtually all the leaves to let the plant concentrate on feeding up the fruits, this will help too.

      Delete
  10. Courgettes, topped with tomatoes and cheese and cooked in the oven or under the grill - hmm!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ilona,

    Am just catching up with your blog after being on holiday for two weeks.
    FABULOUS pants! But what prompted me to write was the awesome colourful rug in the room you are standing in - did you make this yourself?

    Regards
    DeeJay in Whangarei, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi DeeJay. Yes, I made the rag rug, it's in my bedroom. I wrote about it on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed reading about a few or your daily activities, your very interesting to read. I'm in the USA, found you while looking for camping info on the internet....now how in heavens name did I do that? I'm not really sure, but I found your life after retirement, pleasant to read. I'm also retired, interesting how we some how make ends meet and seem to live frugally when we need to, not really doing without what we need to survive and still be completely happy in our lives. Those pajamas/pants are very pretty. I would love to stay around and read more about your life.

      I hope your having a blessed day.
      LinLou USA

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.