Sunday 10 June 2012

My favourite recipe

Guess what I'm eating right now? Yep, it's 6pm and it's dinner time. I'll give you the recipe if you like. 1 potato. 2 carrots. Some butternut squash. A few spriggs of brocolli. 121 peas. 2 baby sweetcorns. 3 stalks of asparagus. Put these into a steamer thingy inside a large pan, to which an inch of water in the bottom has been added.
 
Steam on top of the cooker for about 8 or 10 minutes. Prick with a fork to check when it is ready. Add a large handfull of spinach and give it 30 seconds more.


I have houmous tonight as a dip. Sometimes I might put a bit of grated cheese on top, or a drizzle of toasted sesame seed oil. Fabulous. If you want to make it you can substitute any of these ingredients with any other vegetables you have. Quick and easy, and only one saucepan and one plate to wash  ;0))  Me like very much.

14 comments:

  1. Fit for a mean queen, no seriously that looks so tasty... Inspirational quick and tasty fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me like, too!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, and I like your ideas for different dressings or toppings too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, just realise you've even counted out the number of peas - we have to get these things right don't we!

      Delete
  4. Anything that can be cooked in one pot is my favorite meal! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fresh veg, simply cooked- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only see 74 peas. Did you eat some raw?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love that you counted the peas from the bargain shopping trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 121 peas indeed! That made me laugh. I should have to have some kind of sauce/gravy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the laugh, 121 peas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure it's 121 peas? Not 114? That's that I call a proper meal. All bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely meal. I have learned so much from you Ilona. I have learned to eat the perishables first....duh, you would have thought I would have known that. Actually I am just much more aware when I am shopping and when I am looking in my kitchen for something to eat. You have also made me appreciate my cats and all who show up at the door. I am so sorry about Lily. Thank you for the best blog on the web. I wish I could gift you with a bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, healthy, quick, and cheap - just the sort of food I like to eat too.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.