Saturday 11 June 2011

Happy camper

Here I am in sunny Blackpool and the tent is up. it's a smallish site part of a farm, not many folks here yet. I went in the shop to pay my rent, it's a typical farmy type shop adjoined to the house. No order about it, everything in a big messy heap. Some home grown veg for sale, eggs, preserves, touristy leaflets, and kids toys everywhere. It's great.

I've just been entertained by two young lads who turned up in a natty little white car and proceeded to put their tent up. They studied the instructions so I suppose it was their first time. The tent looks very small for two people, mine is a lot bigger.

Right, I'm off to town now, the buses are every 20 mins so that's very handy. Mind you, looking at the map I could probably walk there. I have a street map which is about 30 years old, I knew it would come in handy one day, ha ha. Catch you later.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a magical camp site. Enjoy your day out, can't wait to hear about it!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop sounds great, I do love a jumble, get fed up with everything pristine and orderly.
    You are bringing back memories of when we used to camp.
    Enjoy yourself, look forward to the pictures.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, we used to love it, that hours of entertainment can be had watching caravanners trying to erect their awnings :-D

    You will get some lovely fresh produce in the farm shop I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quick, I just replied about your plants when you were at home, now you're in Blackpool. I really enjoy hearing about your jaunts. It puts me in the holiday mood too, even though I'm not going anywhere. Brings back memories of childhood holidays. Happy days! Did you bring your bucket and spade so you can build a sandcastle at the beach? ;-) Have fun. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. old maps are worth it-makes it interesting to see how things have changed- could be worth a post on its own!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound s brilliant, enjoy yourself. I think a bag of chips on the prom would be a lovely holiday treat.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great start to your break. Look forward to the pics. Don`t forget to treat yourself top an icecream along the promenade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Blackpool - famous for 'fresh air and fun'. The beach is free. Most of everything else isn't. The promenade is being redone at the moment. Be careful if you walk along it - you might not be able to get off!

    Make sure you visit Stanley Park, the walk round the De Vere is nice and also the walk round Martin Mere.

    If you stay for a while you might fancy a trip to Cleveleys - the promenade is lovely there.

    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.