Thursday 19 August 2010

Points make prizes

I am pleased to report that last night with Jessica was a complete success. I removed the chair and the linen basket from the bedroom, less things for her to bump into, and after a bimble about she settled down in her bed next to my bed. This morning we were up at 7am and she went home at 8.30am. Mission accomplished, happy dog and happy owner.

Later this afternoon I had a few errands to do in town, bank, library, stock up on a few essentials from the discount stores. I see coffee had gone down in B & M, from £2.49 to £2.19, Coffee Mate was cheap at 39p so I bought four, sugar is also cheaper than in the supermarket.

Tesco have a promotion on to double the value of your vouchers, but you can only spend them in certain departments. Last year I got some bottles of wine but alcohol is not on the list this time. So today I got some cat food. Felix normally sells at £3.38 per box, but they have an offer of two boxes for £5.

I changed £15 of vouchers and doubled them up to £30, and got twelve boxes. So I am quite pleased. That will last a while.

I still have £51.50 left in vouchers but I am not going to spend them untill I see something I really want. Last week I spent £10 on a ticket for Alton Towers, it's about time I did some more roller coaster riding, haven't been for ages. I shall be going as soon as the kids have gone back to school. Most people spend their vouchers in the store as soon as they get them, but you should treat them just like money, saving up for something you really want. I've got my eye on one or two other treats, ooooooohh, it's just like Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. I have a few now and may save them , my last lot went on a fab trip to york, staying at the YHA and then lots of attractions and eating out - fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, think of all the bags you can make with that many Felix sachets! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thought crossed my mind, Jane, I shall be having nightmares about them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha about the felix sachet bags. I've been changing my vouchers into airmiles for the past two years now. By next spring we may take a short break somewhere (long weekend) without the kids. Somewhere romantic I'd like...Paris? Prague?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent ideas from Knithappens and Sharon. I just had to spend one of my vouchers because it was going out of date at the end of the month. If you are shopping for a family you might be able to save a lot quicker than I can, so air miles are ideal.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.