Saturday 17 October 2009

No cooking till Tuesday

I'm not getting much sewing done at the moment, too busy outside while the weather is still ok. Today I walked to town and back, it's about 4.5 miles each way. I can use footpaths across the fields for part of it, but have to put up with cars whizzing by along the road, for the rest.

I had a browse round the charity shops but nothing took my fancy. I am always on the look out for some sturdy outdoor walking shoes, as I like to have a choice of what to wear, according to the conditions I am tramping through.

I picked up some pumpkin seeds and flax seeds from the health food shop, then went to the library. Had a read of the newspapers, half an hour on the computer, and borrowed a couple of books.

On the way home across the fields, I met a woman coming the other way and stopped to have a chat. It was a coincidence that she was doing virtually the same walk as me, only the opposite way round. Funny how these things happen. We agreed we were both walking because we love the outdoors. I could have easily got the bus but I really enjoy the physical excercise, knowing that each step is doing me good.

When I got home I made a big pan of veggie stew, there's enough for three days, so I wont have to bother cooking untill Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.