Monday 26 October 2009

How tiresome !

I took the new boots for a test drive today, nearly three hours of tramping down lanes, across fields, through woods, and not a hint of sore feet, yippeeee. It looks like I made the right choice, they are so comfy. I walked down the hill, along the river bank to the industrial estate, round the edge of a field, and along the footpath at the bottom of the wood. I did a big circular walk, as I hate walking out and back along the same route.

I'm going to get out walking as much as I can, because usually during the winter months I get a touch of that S A D thingy, where you feel lousy because you don't get much sunlight. I did think of getting a light box to sit in front of every day, but I decided I would save the money and just go out and walk around in the natural light.

We are so lucky to have a wonderful contryside round here, and then you find something like this.....

Thirtytwo tyres dumped in the ditch. I am so angry I cant tell you what I would like to do to the people who did this, well alright I will. Stack the tyres up into a tube, and put the person inside, and roll them down a big hill so they crash into a lot of trees at the bottom, and leave them there in the ditch with broken arms and legs. They wouldn't do it again :-0 I rang the council when I got home, hopefully they will send someone to pick them up.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.energysage.com/project/6453/cronk-earthship-tire-house-rammed-earth-passive-so/
    Something we do with tires in New Mexico USA. Is to build earth ships. This building form is now used all over the world in various forms. Earth ships are an amazing way to recycle used materials into homes. Taos NM is known for them.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.