Sunday 19 July 2009

Everlasting soap

I am not sure how long soap lasts before it deteriorates, but I think I have got enough to last me for the next ten years. I used to buy in hand made soap from a small family business, and sell it on at craft fairs and agricultural shows. Sales were slowing down and it was no longer worth doing all the work for so little in return, so I closed my business over two years ago. I sold off nearly all my stock at a much reduced price.

I thought it was silly to let it all go, so I kept a large 2.2 kilo block back, with a fresh lemon and lime fragrance. It was in a drawer for a long time, the drawer smelt lovely, and a year ago I got it out and cut it into big chunks. I had the idea of using it as a room freshener, so I put it in plastic trays, and dotted it around the living room. It worked, the room smelt much fresher, a big improvement on the feline smells that sometimes wafted through.

Sadly now the fragrance isn't quite so strong so maybe now is the time to start using it for it's original purpose. I think it's going to last me a long time, it still lathers up well, I wonder what it will be like when I get to the last piece? Will it still smell fresh, will it still be frothy?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I have to ask. It’s been almost 13 years. How long did it last? This is great thing about going back and reading, we can ask how things went. ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are asking a lot. I can't remember. A long time.

      Delete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.