Thursday 25 June 2009

I am stuffed

I am stuffed! I usually make my dinner at this time, 6.30pm, but I am still full up from my afternoon tea at Mrs B's Tea Shop here in the village. I wouldn't normally feed my face two minutes walk from where I live, but this was a freebie. I was given two vouchers for my birthday, so I invited my friend Irene to come with me.

We were served with posh wholemeal bread triangle sandwiches, no crusts. Salmon and cream cheese, and egg mayo, and a large slice of homemade sponge cake. I had raspberry and cream filling and Irene had coffee icing. This was followed by two of the biggest homemade scones with lashings of cream and jam, delicious. All served on one of those three tier cake carousel thingys. I had apple and blackberry juice and Irene had a cuppa. Now I feel stuffed. Maybe I will skip dinner altogether.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful old fashioned afternoon tea... the kind I love! perhaps you will only need a snack later on after that feast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful, thanks, I even dressed up for it so I did look a bit ladylike. Sorry I didn't get any pics, came out in a rush and forgot the camera. Have to confess I did steam some veg for my very late dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.