Friday 24 April 2009

Cat latrine?

The border around the lawn just outside my back door is looking a bit messy, so it's time for a makeover. Get the kneeling pad out, (a piece of foam cut from an old settee) and hope my knees stand up to it after all that work on Janet's lawn yesterday. I am trying to pick out all the weeds with their roots, but after struggling with a trowel and getting a blister on my hand, I got the spade out and attacked it.

I have some plants and bushes in pots that I am putting in, to cut down on the watering when it is hot. The wild birds round here are very tame, a blackbird came hopping along and started searching in the soil a couple of feet from me. I gave him a helping hand and threw two fat worms in his direction. Freddie cat is watching me closely, I know exactly what he is thinking, oh look, she's building a lovely new toilet for us! Wrong sunshine, I knew I would find another use for those blue plastic trays that I get out of the bin at the takeaway.
Daily spend - £1.20 milk and bar of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.