Wednesday 11 March 2009

I'm no genius

I'll have to admit it, I'm completely baffled by what's going on in the financial world, I read the papers and listen to radio four and five, and I still can't fathom out what is going on. Ok, so I know the banks have been a tad naughty and lent money to people who could not pay it back, how daft is that?

And what about people who have given their hard earned money to other people, who said they could make some more money for them, and then said they want a big bonus whether they make any money or not. Fancy trusting someone like that when they can't guarantee some extra dosh, but still want their bonus, damn cheek I call it. You wouldn't catch me falling for that one!

And what about people who bought some shares in companies thinking their thousands are going to turn into millions, sounds a bit greedy to me. Give me some thousands and I will keep it and spend some of it on having a good time. Sounds too much like gambling to me, and I don't like the odds!

And why are they giving rich people big fat bonuses for making a complete hash of running a company, surely that isn't right! I have worked my socks off over the last fortyfour years, going the extra mile, doing my best, and did I get better thought of? No.

But I do have a clear conscience, and my books balance unlike the Bank of Gordon. Throughout my life my philosophy has been simple. Anything I need, I go to work and earn some money to pay for it. It doesn't take a genious to work that out :-)
Daily spend - nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some comments will be accepted. I decide which are published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.